I posted a draft from three years ago a few hours ago, but I decided that was cheating on my "write every day" pledge so I killed it and made it a draft again. It was bumming me out having it up. If you missed it, you didn't miss anything. It was a whiny lament about about sucking as a person.
So, back to drafts folder it goes.
On a less emo note, talk to me. I want to know how other people (you people) accomplish your personal goals and projects.
My pattern is:
1. HOMYGOD I HAVE A GOOD IDEA!
2. Make plans in my head to do idea.
3. Tell someone idea before it's fully hashed out.
4. ZOMGS HAVE MOAR GOOD IDEAS BEFORE FIRST IDEA IS FINISHED!
5. Have head full of ideas with plans to do all of the ideas.
6. Get overwhelmed.
7. Start to lose faith in self and ideas.
8. Get fully logjammed.
9. Send ideas back to hell/drafts folder
10. Failure averted/Failure achieved.
I'm determined to break this old, self defeating pattern this year. Any tips? What are your tricks for getting stuff done?